27 April 2011
GemStone Media has a high value for professionalism and we make it a priority each year to enhance our media skills with further training. One of the areas we decided to work on this year was increasing our ability to write compelling, short stories for video. We asked a friend of our team, Tom Khazoyan, to lead a week-long workshop on story-writing for video. Tom is from Denver, Colorado, and has had 25 years of film and video experience. He recently produced and edited a full-length feature film called "The Enemy God," which has earned several notable film awards.
The intensive story-writing training with Tom has really paid off, sparking the beginnings of a new video project which we hope can be used in a future Alpha Course setting introducing the topic of forgiveness and reconciliation. We hope to begin shooting this summer!
Thank you, Tom, for your availability and willingness to donate your time to better equip our team!!
13 April 2011
08 April 2011
07 April 2011
06 April 2011
05 April 2011
01 April 2011
The How2Video website and last four videos are ready for viewing! Check it out by going to how2video.org. As a reminder, the first three How2Videos are:
- Introduction (ways to set up a video shoot)
- Get Your Story Straight (how to write a video script)
- Grab Your Gear (equipment you need to make a video)
- Clearing Things Up (how to create good audio for your video)
- Jazz Up Your Shots (in depth look at lighting, framing, and composition)
- Shooting 101 (how to record your story to video)
- Get it Out There (editing and distributing your story)
Our prayer is that the How2Video website and series will enable and encourage missionaries around the world to use video story-telling to share what God is doing in their specific areas, which we hope will compel the Church to become more involved in the Great Commission.